Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

What are you listening to?

• December 5, 2017 3:17 PM PST

This is a thread for members of IR to share their musical tastes. I listen to instrumentals most of the time and I'm always looking for new music online. Writing is my first love but music is a close second. 

I recently discovered this piece and I like it a lot.

What about you? What are you listening to?

• 36 posts
    December 6, 2017 3:10 AM PST
    ooooo I listen to instrumental mostly as well. Look up peter gundry on YouTube. Guy has amazing stuff
  • December 6, 2017 3:01 PM PST

I'm actually familiar with some of his music and I do enjoy it to an extent. Vangelis is my favorite composer and I listen to a lot of his works on a regular basis. The piece below is one of my favorites of his.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at December 6, 2017 3:01 PM PST
    • 36 posts
    December 6, 2017 3:18 PM PST
    I can also recommend an Italian composer called Ludovico Einaudi, a french composer called Yann Tiersen and a south Korean composer, Yiruma
  • December 6, 2017 3:49 PM PST

I'm well aware of the first two. I have a handful of Einaudi's albums and even wrote a piece or two inspired by his music. Yann Tiersen's soundtrack to Good Bye Lenin is quite evocative to me. The name of the last one you mentioned rings a bell but I'm not sure if I ever heard anything from him or not. I'll look. Thanks.

• 36 posts
    December 6, 2017 3:54 PM PST
    you might be familiar with his song river flows in you
  • December 7, 2017 10:58 AM PST

I looked and yes, I had heard it before. 

I already shared this one on the wall shortly after the site went live but I'm doing it again, here. Even if you don't like the music, the visuals should be appealing to some extent.

• December 23, 2017 7:53 AM PST

It is the Holiday Season after all.

• 15 posts
    March 24, 2018 4:19 AM PDT

With a title like that, it seemed obvious to share it, here.

• 7 posts
    March 26, 2018 8:32 PM PDT

I'm trying to learn how to play this piece.

• 15 posts
    March 27, 2018 10:22 AM PDT

I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with it. It's very nice. Good luck.