Forums » Media

• 19 posts
    January 29, 2018 7:14 PM PST

So I have this favorite movie called Siren. Basically it's about a bunch of amateurs that conjure up Lilith the Siren and this evil hypnotist manages to get her under his spell long enough to put a binding bracelet on her so she can't hurt him. I've watched it like 20 times and I still don't see any hypnosis. Am I missing something? It's in the description but not in the movie?

• 10 posts
    January 29, 2018 8:48 PM PST

I don't see a movie with that description on IMDB. Can you give us a link?

• 44 posts
    January 30, 2018 2:23 AM PST
    The plot sounds great. I'm gonna have to watch it.
    • 19 posts
    January 31, 2018 10:23 AM PST
    • 44 posts
    January 31, 2018 10:47 AM PST

Yeah I supposed it was the 2016 movie, thank You Mistress Candice. Will watch it Friday and post feedback.

• 44 posts
    February 3, 2018 6:34 AM PST

Maybe you missed something if you thought there was supposed to be hypnosis in the beginning when Mr Nyx locks Lily with the bracelet. There is no hypnosis, it was black magic. He saw that the amateur occultists had made a mistake with the circle symbols and fixed it. That's why they messed their mess and Lily broke out free. Mr Nyx stayed inside the circle, to be safe from being attacked and waited till she put her foot in. The same event repeats in the end, when Jonah is in the circle.

Was alright movie, with few humorous moments and some distorted myths. I liked the dance scene after they arrive in the supernatural strip club of Nyx and the guy with glasses, Rand gets charmed.

• 19 posts
    February 4, 2018 12:40 PM PST

Have you been watching Britannica? It has tons of hypnosis in it. It is on netflix.  I read a synopsis that said nyx was a hypnotist and hypnotized the siren to put the band on and to get the guys to forget they looked at their shoes. But I saw no Evidence of that. I will have to go back and find the description.

This post was edited by Mistress Candice at February 4, 2018 12:41 PM PST
    • 44 posts
    February 5, 2018 11:54 AM PST

No I have not. I don't watch that much series nowadays, but thanks for the hint. Looks interesting.

The shoe-gazing scene in Siren was better, it felt like the group had been hypnotized after Nyx woke em up with a finger snap. The ankle band scene had only one hand gesture and sweet talk. Overall I got a feeling that Nyx was a magician, at least he wasn't master of hypnosis because he lost ;)