Forums » General Talk

The Ultimate Hypnosis Question

• 39 posts
    April 11, 2018 9:13 PM PDT

That sounds good, wish you remembered the book name JT.

• 39 posts
    April 12, 2018 12:17 AM PDT
    Back from the sidetrack of silliness, I hold onto my view that you need to have the will, desire in yourself. I like the idea of teamwork that you mentioned, would I even expose myself to something that I don't like to agree with in the first place?
    Obviously no, that's stupid. I listen to hypnosis sessions that I feel are good for me. It's a mutual goal with the hypnotist.
    And I think the psychology works same way, no matter what type of hypnosis we are talking about. Let's say you want to quit smoking. You have the will to do it, and use hypnotherapy to help reaching the goal easier.
    I hope all here strive for what your desire in both, erotic fetish and in life are.
    (Can't see edit buttons in mobile firefox!)
    • 10 posts
    April 12, 2018 9:21 PM PDT

Yeah, it was a basic psychology text book, and some half-assed googling hasn't revealed those theories, but I'm sure some 3/4 assed googling would be enough to find them.

So, the thing about hypnosis is that is you're willingly and deliberately participating in the process, it means you've signed off on the core concept right? It's like you say above, you're already doing it, so you're doing it. This is why, for years, I've argued about the need for transparency in product descriptions, because that helps sort out what people want.
    I know that sounds almost like an aside, but the thing is, as soon as you say 'I want to be hypnotized to push my limits' you're already approving the suggestion. Now, it may not be that your subconscious agrees, and so you'll box out and protect yourself from them, but you're still trying to make the case for yourself to be more open and agreeable to it.
    That said, what mostly happens when you buy a file is, you buy something you know you like/want.

When you see a hypnotherapist it's to work on something.

When you do a live session, there's usually a question of 'what do you want'.

So, desire and awareness are baked into the hypnosis process, at least from a practical perspective. It's not as mysterious or 'sexy' at a glance, but when the hypnotist knows how to dress those core concepts up, that's where you enter into 'having your mind changed' etc. 

• 39 posts
    April 13, 2018 8:56 AM PDT

Yes, that makes sense. In that frame of reference I have been programmed to want, what she wants me to want. And to do, what needs to be done. In continued conditioning and the hypnotist knowing my personality, my mind has changed, for the better.

• 26 posts
    April 13, 2018 9:07 AM PDT

I know for a fact I've changed for the better in some ways as well but I still have a lot of room for improvement and I would very much like to get there.

• April 13, 2018 9:18 AM PDT

But what if I didn't seek out a hypnotist?

What if I am minding my own business on the train and this lady with a pocket watch sits down next to me...

And now I feel so sleepy...

And I wake up and my wallet and Kindle are missing!

• 26 posts
    April 13, 2018 9:21 AM PDT

I dare say you would love that, especially if she left her calling card in your pocket for more. tongue-out

• 7 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:08 PM PDT

I decided to write a longer answer to this question. Tell me what you think.

https://www.hypnoticdreams.com/hypnotized-to-act-against-your-will/

• 39 posts
    April 15, 2018 4:14 AM PDT

That's nicely and clearly written. Pretty much how I see it, without having personally dug into the topic, just what I read online now and then when searching. One thing that caught my interest was the block about rapport and how one responds to the tone of voice. Studies say that 75%, or even bigger portion of our decision making is based on emotions. How they are being stimulated and moved, how the suggestion or idea is expressed and just a small fraction to the actual content what has been said.

Maybe you could write at some point more in detail about the things you talked in that block, and personal charisma? Only important in stage hypnosis where you have an audience I guess, or speaking to crowds but it's fascinating.

Thanks for your input.

• 7 posts
    April 15, 2018 9:30 AM PDT

@Count Cockula

I wrote more about vocal tone in this article, https://www.hypnoticdreams.com/erotic-audio-why-we-enjoy-it/

Maybe I should have linked to that article in the new one.

• 39 posts
    April 16, 2018 8:01 AM PDT

Thanks for adding.