Forums » Suggestions

User Galeries

• 5 posts
    November 9, 2017 3:03 AM PST

One of my favorite features of the old site was the User Galleries.

It gave a centralized place to post and view groups of themed images by our members.

I tried the blog and a "comment" or something that popped up as the option to "add a photo."

I don't think the second one worked.

What is the preferred way to share our creations here?

Here's the second pic I tried to post, but saw no results.

It's another of those crazy fractal pix of Mistress Kiara that I love making so much and it works nicely in here!

Even posts inline. I couldn't see it in the post I made from an "Add Photo" link.

I guess this is a request for either a forum category for user creations or a bringing back of user galleries since blogs don't seem to allow strings of themed posts like the forum or dedicated user galleries would.

• 12 posts
    November 9, 2017 3:49 AM PST

I liked that feature too because I work with a lot of images myself and it was nice to build specific galleries, albums and such. However, I'm pretty sure that functionality came from an added plug-in to the core features of Social Engine, most likely this one:

https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-advanced-photo-albums-plugin

However, add-ons such as these are paid supplementals and the Social Engine license alone didn't come cheap, let alone the costs of web design. If a few people came together, we could purchase such a module (and perhaps others) and offer them to the community as a whole so that everyone could benefit from them in the long run.

• 5 posts
    November 9, 2017 5:00 AM PST

In that case, my other suggestion of making a forum section to serve the same purpose would be free and easily done (if this forum works the same as every other forum software out there!).

Just make a category called "User Creations" and folks can make threads for themed images, or just dump all their work in 1 thread.

No need to pour extra money into it if the forum can handle it.

I was even thinking of posting some spiral overlays and other Graphics Resources as "Freebies" in the marketplace - but a category for Free Stuff in the forum would serve the same purpose.

I never used this particular forum software before, but have run many forums in my day and feel like they can be used for a lot more than simple discussion platforms!

• 12 posts
    November 9, 2017 5:23 AM PST

Being a Forum Admin elsewhere, I agree that they can be used for a lot more than simple discussions and the core functionality for what you're suggesting seems to be present here with the audio and video buttons and the capabilities contained within. That doesn't exclude the fact that we, as members of the community, could help out in adding extra functionalities to it all in time. I know for a fact that the Princess Sapphire Rain - the current owner of this place - has invested a lot of time, energy and more in bringing back Inraptured and I feel we could (and should) contribute to its development and success. It doesn't need to happen overnight, but it's something I believe should be considered. 

I'm pretty sure there used to be a sub-section called User Creations in the previous Social Engine incarnation of Inraptured. Image-based and video-based threads exist in the Forum I help running nowadays and they can be quite engaging. I'm all in favor of those, and will happily contribute to it all, but I'm also in favor of giving more options to the membership as time goes by, and I'm willing to do my part for that to happen.

• 5 posts
    November 9, 2017 7:04 AM PST

I would love to help out with the site, but financially, I'm a mess these days cry

If there is a need for help with operations, I have run my share of this sort of site and would be glad to help where I can and where help is needed. And if my situation improves I'll gladly contribute. But until then I'll just try to contribute where and how I can.

Here's hoping this site grows and can take care of itself sooner rather than later!